Wriggle Dance Theatre’s Artsmark Offer for Schools and Education Settings
Wriggle Dance Theatre is proud to be supporting schools and education settings on their Artsmark journey, inspiring children and young people to create, experience, and participate in great arts and culture.
We offer education settings who are working towards, or currently hold an Artsmark Award, with the following opportunities:
WRIGGLE’S WORK IS SUITABLE FOR:
Early Years Foundation Stage / Reception / Keystage 1 / Keystage 2
Wriggle works throughout Northamptonshire, Leicestershire, Rutland, Derbyshire and Notts
WORKSHOPS & PROJECTS
We offer experienced dance practitioners to deliver:
• One-off creative dance sessions in your school
• Weekly sessions in your school over a term or a year
• An intensive project over the period of a week
• Sessions leading towards a performance or sharing event
• Sessions based on a theme or idea, using dance to support cross-curricular and topic-based learning
• Sessions based on the national curriculum (dance within PE)
• Sessions to nurture and encourage positive mental wellbeing, social interaction and empathy
• Sessions linked to developmental movement play
• Themed sessions linked to Wriggle’s touring shows which can be packaged with a show or accessed separately
OUR WORKSHOPS ARE FULLY INCLUSIVE AND ADDRESS:
• Participation in art and culture
• Physical literacy with imagination and creativity
• Fundamental and developmental movement skills and balance, agility and coordination
• Verbal and non-verbal communication of ideas and emotions
• Team working
• Problem solving
• evaluating skills
• Self-esteem and confidence, widening aspiration
• Health and wellbeing
All workshop sessions need a suitable clear hall or gym space for delivery.
PERFORMANCES IN YOUR SCHOOL:
We offer a number of 40-50 minute dance theatre performances suitable for school halls. Each show is suitable for children from Reception to year 2 and is exciting, inspiring and engaging for our target audiences, as well as offers moments of interactivity, that are always a choice for each audience member. Our shows have elements of dance, physical theatre, clowning and all have live music.
Our performances help to support the Early Learning Goals of communication and language, physical development and personal, social and emotional development.
Current shows include:
• Rainbowfish Goes Adrift – Help to reduce and recycle plastic in the ocean, whilst on a quest to find the lost Rainbowfish
• Out of this World – Adventure into space for the holiday of a lifetime to spot aliens and experience the wonder of weightlessness
• Into the Rainbow – Peek inside the rainbow for a light-hearted look at the colourful characteristics that exist within all of us
For all shows set-up time: 1 ½ hours / Clear-up time: 45 mins
Audience capacity: 1 class of children (30 plus staff)
PERFORMANCES WHERE THE SCHOOL COME TO US:
We work in close partnership with some of the theatres we tour to so we can programme school’s performances. Our new show, ‘Squidge’, all about our sense of touch and how we use it in our everyday lives, will tour nationally from February 2021.
Contact us for more information about venues and tour dates.
CONTINUED PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT FOR TEACHERS
• Assistance and support for teachers in the planning of EYFS, Reception, KS1 and KS2 dance lessons, including ongoing support.
• Inset training courses for teachers alongside resource packs and teaching materials. These can be delivered at staff meetings or training days or as after school training sessions.
Wriggle offer a number of supporting resources for teachers available on their website including;
• Music for Early Movers – CD or download album of bespoke music for Early Years dance & movement sessions (copyright free)
• Once in a Blue Moon – children’s storybook, based on Wriggle’s touring show, Once in a Blue Moon
• Early Years resource pack – A dance, movement and craft toolkit for practitioners working in Early Years
• Bite-sized creative dance video sessions exploring a range of themes (free of charge)
• Wriggle at Home Early Years developmental movement toolkit (free of charge)
Workshop prices start at £250 for a 1 off workshop with 1 x dance practitioner or £350 with 2 x dance practitioners, with discounts for multiple sessions or longer projects.
Prices start at £650 for 1 performance, with the cost reducing for multiple performances on the same day and for consecutive runs of performances, including programming performances in partnership with other schools in the vicinity.
Our Artsmark packages can be tailored to your schools needs and adapted based on the number of visits you require. We are happy to work with you to design a project that will fit your needs and your budget, please get in touch to discuss your project for us to price appropriately.
To find out how Wriggle Dance Theatre can support your Artsmark journey, contact Kath Kimber-McTiffen email@example.com